More Referendum Reading
There's loads of information and news of course in the main-stream media (MSM) but we think they're teensy bit biased in favour of the Union. In fact only one newspaper, the Sunday Herald, is in favour of independence.
As a counter, there are loads of independent sources and blogs written by people and groups who want to present the positive story and counter the untruths or skewed opinions from the likes of the UK Government, the Better Together campaign, most of the UK's newspapers and, dare we say it, the BBC and other broadcasting organisations.
They are some of the brilliant places where we get our information. Take a look when you get a minute.
They might also make you smile at the way in which they demolish some of the rubbish that's talked by the No campaign. Those who say we should hang on to mummy UK's skirts because it's just too hard for our wee country to make its own way in the world again. Aye right.
Blogs and Websites
- Wings Over Scotland: Blog that does a brilliant job debunking and deconstructing all the scary stories from 'Project Fear'. Our favourite.
- Wee Ginger Dug: Most times witty, often brilliantly funny blog from Paul Kavanagh
- Business for Scotland: Want facts and figures about just how rich your country actually is?
- Newsnet Scotland: Real news and comment about the independence campaign
- Derek Bateman: The view from the former BBC Radio Scotland presenter
- Bella Caledonia: Alternative society in a free, independent Scotland anyone? Some great contributors.
- National Collective: Definitely for you if you're an artist or creative that's leaning towards independence.
- Common Weal: A vision of what Scotland can be
- The Fear Factor videos: Scared at the prospect of running your own country? Haunted by nightmarish visions of deep uncertainty? The Fear Factor is a series of short films looking at why Scottish people are afraid, very afraid, about what’s in store for their poor wee country.
- BBC Scotlandshire: Turns out Scotland isn't a country at all, it's just a wee county called Scotlandshire
- William Duguid: To September and Beyond (indyref)
- cybernats.com: Countering your British establishment's relentless negativity and tripe
if your group's not listed and we'll get it right in!